How does the EEA work?
Through well-planned weekly meetings, members become part of a close knit organization which is focused on increasing member business, marketing and sales volumes. At weekly meetings, members exchange information and are prepared to share knowledge of current business activities within their own sphere of operation. As an inevitable consequence of meeting together and getting to know each other and their businesses, there grows confidence in and a respect for the quality of products and services.
What are the benefits as an EEA member?
- Generate new business potential
- Learn first hand information on new developments in products and services
- Enjoy “additional” executive salespeople to help market your business
- Attend active, regular forums discussing business and financial problems with peers
- Develop new business friends and contacts
- Generate contacts through affiliated associations in over 100 cities
What are the member responsibilities?
- Attend regularly schedule meetings (at least 75% of meetings)
- Furnish leads (at least 8 per month) and act upon those received
- Provide information and assistance to other member firms when requested
- Encourage, solicit and receive business from other members’ firms
- Do business with other member firms (at least eight times per month)
- Recommend member firms to your associations, employees, and other contacts
Where are the meetings held?
The regular EEA meetings are held at the Edmonton Inn & Conference Centre Friday mornings from 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. The meetings include breakfast, sharing business leads and two member classification talks. In order to attend a meeting as a guest, you must first be approved by the Membership Committee.
What are the Qualifications for Membership?
The Classification must be open; 5 years in business; 5 employees; Owner/Manager; $1 Million sales revenue
How do I become a member?
Membership is by invitation only and open to all types of business firms. It is limited to one firm in each business or professional classification. Thus, each classification is protected and competition between members is practically non-existent. All applications are subject to final board approval. A prospective member will be screened as to possible conflicts by the Executive Director and the Membership Committee, then invited to attend the next guest day. If interested, an Application for Membership may be filled out and submitted to the Membership Chairperson. Upon board approval, the New Member will be notified and invited to attend the next meeting.
What does membership cost?
Initiation Fee: $375 plus GST
Annual Dues: approx. $1600 per year plus GST (includes meals)
How can I obtain more information?
Contact the EEA’s Executive Director
Edmonton Executives Association
P.O. Box 4044, Edmonton, Alberta
Canada T6E 4S8
Ph: (780) 413-1979
Fax: (780) 413-1975
Email: [email protected]
How Do I Join?
Membership is by invitation only & is limited to one firm in each business or professional classification. Thus, each classification is protected and competition between members is practically non-existent.
A prospective member must be sponsored by an existing member & will be screened as to the possible conflicts and then invited to attend a meeting as a guest. If interested, an application for membership will be filled out and submitted for review.